Saturday, May 17, 2014

 

The World Is But A Canvas...

"The World is but a canvas to the imagination."  Henry David Thoreau

I recently rediscovered the joy of sketching and watercolor painting.  This endeavor has been completely self-motivated, and other than my wife and children, no one has seen (or will probably see) my start up efforts!  It’s been quite therapeutic, however, mostly because the blank canvas is unhindered.  I’m not attempting to meet anyone’s expectations, or even create anything remotely for a commercial reason.  Suddenly my thoughts wander, my interests are piqued, and I begin to fill the canvas.  This freedom is what unleashing one’s imagination is all about.  Often we rely too heavily on the opinions of others rather than focusing on the canvas.  Thoreau’s thought is a reminder of the power of the blank canvas around us.  The world is waiting-where will your imagination take you?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?